June 18, 2012 - After receiving countless questions regarding pellet production, the
father and son owners of PelHeat in Staffordshire, England, have put out
a document explaining how pellets are made.
According to an article from Biomass Power & Thermal, the step-by-step guide contains information on the 10 stages of pellet production:
1. Size Reduction: Chippers/Shredders, Hammer Mills
2. Material Transportation: Fans, Cyclone Separators and Screw Augers
3. Drying Solutions: Rotary/Drum Dryers, Pipe Dryers
4. Mixing Solutions: Batch Mixers
5. Conditioning: Water and Steam Addition, Binders
6. Pellet Production: Round and Flat Die Pellet Mills
7. Sieving: Removing Fines
8. Cooling: Counter Flow Coolers
9. Pellet Transportation: Bucket Elevators
10. Bagging and Storage: Bags, Sacks and Silos
The guide also contains additional information regarding the process, compositions and benefits.
For more information, please see the article on Biomass Power & Thermal.