Biofuels demand a threat for Pulp and Paper industry?
November 7, 2013
By Canadian Biomass
November 7, 2013, Boston, Mass. – A study released by RISI suggests that the growth of the advanced biofuels industry in North America and Europe could pose a threat to the pulp and paper industry.
November 7, 2013, Boston, Mass. – A study released by RISI
suggests that the growth of the advanced biofuels industry in North America and
Europe could pose a threat to the pulp and paper industry.
"Because the biofuels industry uses many of the same sources
of fiber as conventional forest products, the cost of that fiber could
increase. This could create a threat to pulp and paper companies who must
compete with biofuels companies that are subsidized through tax incentives in
Europe and North America," said Seth Walker, Associate Economist,
Bioenergy at RISI.
"At the same time, this also creates an opportunity for
product development and diversification for pulp and paper producers, who have
well established wood fibre supply chains. Forest and timber plantation
landowners who can supply this emerging market also stand to benefit,"
for Wood-Based Biofuels provides an overview of emerging
wood-to-liquid biofuels technologies. The study will help you understand the
emerging wood-based biofuels market and the policy that is driving it in the
US, Canada and the European Union.
Included in the Outlook for Wood-Based Biofuels:
- Outlook and price forecast for wood-based biofuels through 2022
- In-depth description of the policies driving the markets
- Overview of the technologies used to produce wood-based biofuels and which show
the most promise financially
- Examination of the main players in the wood-based biofuels market and their
- Detailed financial investment models of biofuel sample facilities
- Projections of biofuel capacity development
- Analysis of how wood fibre markets in North America and Europe will be impacted
by wood based biofuels
The key companies covered by this report include: American
Process, BlueFire Renewables, Cool Planet Energy Systems, Enerkem, KiOR,
Mascoma, Sundrop Fuels, ZeaChem, BillerudKorsnäs, Finland Bioenergy Ajos BTL,
Fortum, Rottneros, SunPine AB, UPM, VärmlandsMetanol AB, Woodspirit
Print this page