Jan. 30, 2018 - The Wood Pellet Association of Canada (WPAC) is co-operating with the Government of Ontario and the Embassy of Canada to Italy in Rome in organizing a wood pellet trade mission to Italy from February 19 to 23, 2018.
January 30, 2018 By Gordon Murray / WPAC
Italy is presently the largest European market for home heating pellets, consuming about three million tonnes a year with about 2.5 million tonnes being imported.
The trade mission has room for 19 participants, with 12 currently signed up. The Government of Ontario will cover the cost of a 19-passenger bus. WPAC is welcoming additional participants who must either be from Ontario or a WPAC member. Interested parties will be responsible for their own airfare, hotel and meals.
· Sunday, Feb. 18: arrive in Milan, overnight
· Monday, Feb. 19, a.m.: visit Agrifor Group in Pioltello
· Monday, Feb. 19, p.m.: visit Savichem in Fontana Fredda di Cadeo
· Monday, Feb. 19, overnight: Vienna
· Tuesday, Feb. 20, all day: visit Adriacoke in Ravenna
· Tuesday, Feb. 20, overnight: Vienna
· Wednesday, Feb. 21: visit S.I.T.T.A. S.r.l. in San Giovanni al Natisone
· Wednesday, Feb. 21, overnight: Verona
· Thursday, Feb. 22: attend Progetto Fuoco trade fair – a large wood pellet heating exhibition that will include many European pellet buyers
· Friday, Feb. 23: depart for Canada
Print this page