Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
April 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
Find a full agenda of the Wood Products Safety Summit here.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Biogas industry responds to termination of ON energy contractsJuly 18, 2018 - The Canadian Biogas Association (CBA) is…
WPAC promotes Canada-UK pellet tradeJuly 18, 2018 - WPAC had a busy week in…
European Biomass Association rebrands to Bioenergy EuropeJuly 16, 2018 - The European Biomass Association (AEBIOM) has…
Biorefineries have minimal effects on wood products and feedstocks markets: reportJuly 13, 2018 - A new report from researchers from…
BC Forest Practices Board releases annual reportJuly 16, 2018 - The Forest Practices Board has released…
International Biotechnology Symposium and Exhibition
August 12-17, 2018
Canadian BioDesign Conference
September 12, 2018
Mid-Atlantic Bioenergy Conference and Expo
September 12-14, 2018
International Woodfiber Resource & Trade Conference
September 17-19, 2018
Wood Pellet Association of Canada 2018 AGM & Conference
September 18-19, 2018
National Forest Week
September 23-29, 2018