Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
April 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
Find a full agenda of the Wood Products Safety Summit here.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Canada joins International Renewable Energy AgencyJan. 9, 2018 - Canada is the newest member of…
Burlington arena first in North America to select OOM EnergyJan. 9, 2019 - Stoneridge Ice Centre, formerly known as…
Changing demand for wood fibre is impacting U.S. residuals markets: reportJan. 11, 2019 - As global consumer trends and demands…
Yoshinobu Kusano joins FutureMetrics team as policy advisorJan. 10, 2019 - Mr. Yoshinobu "Yoshi" Kusano has joined FutureMetrics…
VTT develops new wood gasification method to produce biofuel, chemicalsJan. 15, 2019 - VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland…
Biomass Trade and Power Europe
February 12-13, 2019
Pursuing Added Value for Alberta Biomass
February 20-21, 2019
Argus Biomass Asia
March 5-7, 2019
International Biomass Conference and Expo
March 18-20, 2019
Argus Biomass 2019
April 8-10, 2019