Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
April 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
Find a full agenda of the Wood Products Safety Summit here.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Ottawa to reinvest funding after Ontario cancels cap and tradeNov. 9, 2018 - The Canadian government announced it plans…
CBA confirms agenda, tours for Value of Biogas West conferenceNov. 9, 2018 - The Canadian Biogas Association is excited…
Canadians named among SBP's new board membersNov. 12, 2018 - The vision of the Sustainable Biomass…
Feds invest $15M in Canada's first integrated pellet and sawmill complexNov. 13, 2018 - The federal government today revealed plans to…
Quadron introduces fully automated ethanol extraction systemNov. 8, 2018 - Vancouver-based Quadron Cannatech Corporation has introduced…
Process Safety Management Workshop: Incident Investigations
November 20, 2018
International Training Seminar Biomass Heating
December 3-6, 2018
Value of Biogas West
January 15-16, 2019
Biomass Trade and Power Europe
February 12-13, 2019
International Biomass Conference and Expo
March 18-20, 2019
Argus Biomass 2019
April 8-10, 2019