Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
April 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
Find a full agenda of the Wood Products Safety Summit here.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Wheat-based biofuels facility set for construction in AlbertaMarch 18, 2019 - Strathmore, Alta., is the chosen site of…
White paper demonstrates pellet heating benefits in MaineMarch 18, 2019 - The U.S. northeast states consume about…
University of Utah researchers speed up algae bio-oil productionMarch 18, 2019 - Biofuel experts have long sought a…
Biomass North Development Centre to lead delegation to Amsterdam, SwedenBiomass North Development Centre is leading a Canadian delegation of…
Federal government to invest $2.7M in ZooShare Biogas Co-operativeMarch 21, 2019 – The government of Canada recently announced…
World Bio Markets
April 1-3, 2019
Argus Biomass 2019
April 8-10, 2019
ENPlus Training for Quality Managers
April 18, 2019
May 6-9, 2019
Biomass Pellets Trade & Power
May 13-16, 2019