Webinar: Explore the business case for biomass in India
February 28, 2023 By Wood Pellet Association of Canada
The Wood Pellet Association of Canada (WPAC) recently completed a trade mission to India and is finalizing a comprehensive report highlighting its key findings and recommendations for those in the pellet and biomass industries.
To reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality, the Government of India (GOI) mandated biomass co-firing in coal plants. Their ambitious targets include transitioning to seven per cent co-firing by October 2023. The government estimates that this action could save 38 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions. To achieve these goals, approximately 35 million tonnes per year of biomass pellets will be needed.
WPAC and its partner Canadian Biomass are holding a one-hour webinar and interactive discussion about the business opportunities and challenges for Canadian pellet producers in India on Wednesday, March 8 at 9 a.m. Pacific. Registration is free and open to everyone with an interest in learning more about the case for biomass in India.
Topics will include:
- The feasibility of exporting pellets from Canada to India.
- The opportunity to leverage domestic biomass in India.
- The potential to form partnerships with local power plants.
- Development of carbon, capture, utilization and storage in India.
- Recommendations and next steps for Canada’s biomass producers.
Print this page