Fourth Wood Bioenergy Conference & Expo coming to Atlanta
March 10, 2016
By Wood Bioenergy
March 10, 2016 - Leadership of the world's largest pellet production and biomass power generation companies will deliver keynote talks at the Wood Bioenergy Conference & Expo, which will be held April 5 to 6 at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Enviva president and CEO, John Keppler, and Drax Biomass president and CEO, Pete Madden, will speak on the latest developments involving their respective companies and the renewable energy industry at large. Keppler’s talk is entitled “Industrial Wood Pellets and Forest Sustainability.” Madden will address “Poised for Growth: New Opportunities in the Biomass Energy Sector.” Keppler and Madden will be joined by six other keynote speakers and 30 technical session presenters during the event, which will also include 70 equipment and supplier exhibits in the Grand Ballroom North.
The remaining keynoters and their topics include
- Dr. Cormac O’Carroll, director, London Office, Pöyry Management Consulting: “European Pellet Markets: Where to Now?”
- Carlton Owen, president and CEO, U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities: “Expanding the Forest Sector Tent: The Role of Wood-to-Energy”
- Brent Boyko, senior manager business development, Ontario Power Generation: “Coal Replacement with Biomass: How Ontario Displaced Coal and Created New Supply Chains to Reinvigorate the Forestry Sector”
- Dr. Richard Vlosky, director, Louisiana Forest Products Development Center: “Wood-Based Bioenergy: An Update for North America”
- Brad Worsley, president and CEO, Novo Power: “Biomass Power in Arizona: Novo Power and the Future”
- Norman Johnson, Manager Operations and Maintenance, Dominion Virginia Power: “From the Forest Floor to Electric Energy”
Conference technical session topics will run the gamut: Products & Technologies, Projects & Operations, Chip Chip Hooray: From the Woods to the Wood Yard, Dust Control & Safety, Drying & Handling Technologies, EPA & Biomass, Air Emissions Control.
This is the fourth Wood Bioenergy Conference & Expo, which is held every other year and is hosted by Wood Bioenergy magazine. Canadian Biomass magazine is participating as a media sponsor.
To register, visit: www.bioenergyshow.com.
Print this page