- Grow CSPC membership through direct marketing to large progressive growers within the area. Manage relationships with members on an ongoing basis
- Manage relationships with key partners, including Comet Biorefining and key service providers.
- Develop best agricultural practices to cost-effectively harvest, transport and store corn stover and wheat straw
- Manage the organization’s human capital, by establishing programs and support systems for the recruitment, hiring, training and retention of all employees of the company
- Develop and administer annual operating budgets
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and assessing the long and short-term financial needs of the company. Responsible for establishing and maintaining appropriate financial reporting and internal control mechanisms
- Responsible for the procurement and maintenance of and accounting for all inventory and equipment of the company
- Responsible for compliance with all company policies and regulatory agencies. Responsible for the prompt reporting of policy violations and irregularities to the board of directors
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all financial, operational, personnel and marketing issues and activities to the board of directors.
- Requires a college degree or equivalent and significant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of best agricultural practices, especially with regard to biomass harvesting
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, operations and finance
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to develop and strengthen partnerships, assess business opportunities and negotiate appropriate agreements
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills including problem analysis, evaluation and implementation of solutions.