The Wood Pellet Safety Conference and Workshop Safety in Action will take place on June 13 and 14, 2017 in Prince George, B.C.
This is your opportunity to learn how the pellet industry is continuing to improve its safety performance.
You can gain ideas for improving the safety of your operations as well as increasing your profitability.
Whether you’re in operation and maintenance, a plant owner, an engineering consultant or insurance professional attending means joining a collective commitment to make the Canadian wood pellet industry the safest of any country.
Keynote speaker Candace Carnahan lost her leg in a workplace accident. She believes that safety is an attitude, a state of mind, a way of life, and she shares her conviction that having the courage to care through standing up for others is a transformational concept.
Conference topics will include:
- Current wood pellet industry safety performance and priorities
- Observations and recommendations from WorkSafeBC
- Safety performance tracking
- Combustible dust in raw material storage areas
- Risks and best practices regarding syngas in drum driers
- Effective practices for human-computer interface
- Process safety management
See the full agenda.