Take part in the Wood Products Safety Summit
May 18, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
Find a full agenda of the Wood Products Safety Summit here.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Pinnacle makes another Japanese dealJune 12, 2018 - Pinnacle Renewable Holdings Inc. has entered…
Biomethane ‘only practical way to decarbonise large vehicles’June 14, 2018 - Biomethane from anaerobic digestion (AD) is “the…
New engineered proteins could improve biofuel productionJune 12, 2018 - Purdue University researchers have developed a series…
Proposed $45M B.C. pellet plantJune 14, 2018 - A new pellet plant could be…
Welcome to Dust Safety Week 2018!June 18, 2018 – Dust Safety Week 2018 has arrived!…
Mid-Atlantic Bioenergy Conference and Expo
September 12-14, 2018
International Woodfiber Resource & Trade Conference
September 17-19, 2018
Wood Pellet Association of Canada 2018 AGM & Conference
September 18-19, 2018
National Forest Week
September 23-29, 2018
National Tree Day
September 26, 2018
International Biogas Congress & Expo
October 10-11, 2018