Take part in the Wood Products Safety Summit
May 18, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
Find a full agenda of the Wood Products Safety Summit here.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Researchers develop economical biofuel extraction processApril 22, 2019 - Taking a step closer to a…
Fire damages Georgia wood pellet storage siteApril 22, 2019 - A fire at a Port of…
Cielo sells first 5K litres of biodiesel made from wood wasteApril 23, 2019 - Vancouver-based Cielo Waste Solutions Corp. has…
USDA, International Biochar Initiative certify Aries Clean Energy biocharApril 22, 2019 - In conjunction with the celebration of…
Report critical of federal fuel-specific carbon pricing regulationApril 23, 2019 - New federal government carbon pricing regulations for…
May 6-9, 2019
Biomass Pellets Trade & Power
May 13-16, 2019
Biomass PowerON Summit
May 22-23, 2019
Atlantic BIOCON 2019
May 27-29, 2019
European Biomass Conference and Exhibition
May 27-30, 2019