PrimeTech hosts open house, field day near Edmonton
November 9, 2017
By PrimeTech Shredding Equipment
Nov. 9, 2017 - On Friday, Oct. 20, PrimeTech Shredding Equipment, the Canadian distribution and support centre of FAE Group, hosted an open house at its headquarters in Spruce Grove, Alta., near Edmonton.
Attendees had the opportunity to check out the warehouse and shop, as well as the full fleet of PrimeTech tracked carriers and a wide range of PTO and hydraulic driven FAE heads.
Open house specials were available for both spare parts and heads and many customers took advantage of it. The schedule for the day included a field demonstration of 4 different models of the PT Series and the FAE SFM multitask front attachment:
The PT-175: a forestry mulching machine for light and medium duty applications, equipped with a Cummins QSB4.5, 4.5 L turbocharged and after-cooled engine, with 4 in-line cylinders and 160 HP. This carrier was equipped with a mulching head FAE 140/U, ideal for cutting seismic lines, vegetation management, and lighter land clearing applications.
The NEW PT-300: a medium-size, very low ground pressure tracked carrier powered by a Caterpillar C7.1, 7 l turbocharged and after-cooled engine with 6 in-line cylinders and 275 HP. Some important modifications and improvements were recently made to this unit:
• New 275 HP CATC7.1 Acert 7 l (428 in3) engine with 6 in-line cylinders;
• New engine compartment: more accessible, more service friendly and easy to maintain;
• New radiator with high cooling capacity, reversible proportional sucker fan and coarse fins easy to clean;
• New front attachment FAE 200/U with innovative push frame design, bolt-on counter blades and adjustable skids;
• New 7” color display to check main parameters, customize functions and settings and storage data on a USB stick;
• New spacious, low-noise and low-vibration cabin, with excellent visibility and more headroom. More ergonomic layout of controls.
The PT-475: the self-propelled tracked carrier powered by a CAT C13 engine producing 475 HP. This new model is equipped with oversized, coarse-fin radiators preventing them from getting plugged up and making cleaning easy. The variable-pitch reversible fans help reduce the power absorbed by the fan which eventually results in a lower fuel consumption. The mulching head of the PT-475 features a new rock resistant drum.
The PT-600: a tracked carrier designed for the hardest and toughest jobs out there, equipped with a Cummins QSX15 turbocharged in line 6 cylinder diesel engine producing 600 HP. The PT-600 was demoed with a mulching head FAE 500/U with rock drum.
The FAE SFM-250: a forestry mulcher, subsoiler and rock crusher for tractors between 180 and 300 HP. It can mulch trees with a diameter of up to 40 cm / 16”, crush rocks with a diameter of up to 30 cm / 12” and subsoil with a max working depth of 30 cm / 12”. This is a multi-purpose attachment, ideal for land conversion and land preparation for farming.
Print this page