Scaling Up 2023 heading back to Ottawa for 8th annual bioeconomy conference
August 21, 2023
By Canadian Biomass staff
Canada’s 8th annual industrial bioeconomy business conference is heading back to Ottawa this November to talk latest innovations and trends in bio-based industries.
Under the theme The Future is Now, Scaling Up 2023 will connect experts and peers to discuss Canada’s bioeconomy potential and what it will take from industry, government and environmental groups to see us at the innovative leading edge of the bio-based, low carbon economy.
This year’s speakers for the Nov. 6-8 conference include:
- Geoff Tauvette, executive director, Canadian Council for Sustainable Aviation Fuels
- Catherine Cobden, president and CEO, Canadian Steel Producers Association
- Graeme Scott, programme leader, Energy and CO2, ArcelorMittal’s Global R&D Lab
- Marisa Hernández-Latorre, CEO, Ingelia
- Jean-Philippe Jacques, directeur général, Innofibre
- Ian MacGregor, executive chair, Hydrogen Naturally
- And many more.
“Canada needs to get serious and launch a national industrial bioeconomy strategy that sends signals to the market that this country is a place of certainty where companies can reliably do bioeconomy business,” notes Scaling Up founding chair Jeff Passmore. “The alternate – importing rather than exporting bio-based products to a world hungry for low carbon materials – is economic and environmental folly.
Find the full agenda, speakers, sponsors and registration information here.
Print this page