WPAC Asian Wood Pellet Conference
February 16, 2021 at
Energizing Asia with Sustainable Low-carbon Biomass
The Wood Pellet Association of Canada (WPAC), together with Canadian Biomass Magazine and Canada’s embassies in Japan and South Korea and its trade office in Taiwan, hosted the live Asian Wood Pellet Conference: Energizing Asia with Sustainable Low-Carbon Biomass. The conference was be held on February 17, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. , Japan Standard Time (UTC+09:00).
If you were unable to join us live, we have included the recordings for each presentation below in the agenda items. While these recordings are only available in English, we have provided summaries for each in Japanese, Korean and Mandarin.
This three and half hour conference featured a lot of information including:
- A global market review with an emphasis on Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- Government policy developments affecting biomass.
- Evolving Japanese biomass sustainability and GHG requirements.
- The Canadian wood pellet sustainability story.
- Results of a Canada-Japan wood pellet greenhouse gas emissions study.
- Taiwan and other Asian opportunities.
- Question and answer sessions after each presentation.
- On Demand Sessions
- Company Profiles
The event drew guests from across North America and Asia, including power utilities, trading companies, ports, stevedoring companies, shipping companies, equipment and service suppliers, pellet producers, research institutions and policy makers.
*Live Simultaneous interpretations were made available in Japanese and Korean. While our website and some materials will additionally be available in Mandarin.