WPAC 2012 AGM set for Tuesday
November 25, 2012, Quebec, QC - The Wood Pellet Association of Canada (WPAC) Annual General Meeting and conference is set to start here on Tuesday afternoon with a tour of the Cité Verte, an urban biomass district heating system.
The sold out meeting gets underway with a tour of the 400-plus unit apartment block, heated by a wood pellet-fired boiler system (see our cover story on this system here). This is followed by a welcoming reception in he Chateau Laurier host hotel in Old Quebec. The meeting itself starts Wednesday morning with presentations on a host of topics, including:
- Eastern Canadian logistics study
- Joint Canadian co-firing study with CCPC
- Review of carbon balance project being conducted with European partners
- Review of European Initiative Wood Pellet Buyers activities
- Canadian coal power emissions regulation and implications for Canadian industrial market
- Review of Canadian domestic market
- Review of international markets
- Review od R&D activities
- Evolving European sustainability requirements
- Supplier showcase
- IMO fire extinguishing update
Canadian Biomass magazine will be covering the event with live news posted to this website as well as Tweeted live from our @canadianbiomass Twitter feed under the #WPAC12 hash tag and sent out in Wednesday's weekly enews. Sign up to follow us on Twitter today.