WPAC announces Asian Wood Pellet Conference
December 8, 2020
By The Wood Pellet Association of Canada
WPAC, together with Canadian Biomass and Canada’s Trade Offices in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, is hosting a live online conference: Energizing Asia with Sustainable Low-Carbon Biomass. The conference will be held on Feb. 17, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Japan Standard Time (UTC+09:00).
Join us to learn more about how Canadian wood pellets are fast becoming the gateway to the future of innovation in bioenergy and why they are in demand globally by customers seeking to reduce their carbon footprint.
This three-and-a-half-hour conference, including a break at the half-way point, will pack in a lot of information including:
- A global market review with an emphasis on Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- Government policy developments affecting biomass.
- Evolving Japanese biomass sustainability and GHG requirements.
- The Canadian wood pellet sustainability story.
- Results of a Canada-Japan wood pellet greenhouse gas emissions study.
- Taiwan and other Asian opportunities.
- Question and answer sessions after each presentation.
The event will draw guests from across North America and Asia, including power utilities, trading companies, ports, stevedoring companies, shipping companies, equipment and service suppliers, pellet producers, research institutions and policy makers. All registrants will automatically be entered into a draw to win a “Canadian Experience” in British Columbia’s beautiful Okanagan region.
Be sure to check back frequently for updates!
For more information, contact:
Gordon Murray, Executive Director
Wood Pellet Association of Canada
Print this page