WPAC Quebec AGM sold out
November 18, 2012, Prince George, BC - According to the Wood Pellet Association of Canada (WPAC) executive director Gordon Murray, the 2012 Annual General Meeting is sold out. Slated for Quebec City November 27-28, the gathering includes presentations on a wide range of topics.
November 18, 2012 By Scott Jamieson
"I'm very happy with the response. We'll look at a similar format for future meetings as clearly the interest is there" Murray says. He adds that he continues to receive inquiries about the Quebec event despite having no room left. "I guess I should have booked a larger room for the event, but it's the first such venture for us. We'll know for the next one."
WPAC members represent the bulk of wood pellet manufacturing volume in Canada. Presentations at the 2012 AGM cover such topics as:
- Eastern Canadian logistics study
- Joint Canadian co-firing study with CCPC
- Review of carbon balance project being conducted with European partners
- Review of European Initiative Wood Pellet Buyers activities
- Canadian coal power emissions regulation and implications for Canadian industrial market
- Review of Canadian domestic market
- Review of international markets
- Review od R&D activities
- Evolving European sustainability requirements
- Supplier showcase
- IMO fire extinguishing update
Look to this website, sign up for our enews, and follow Canadian Biomass on Twitter (@CanadianBiomass) for live reporting on the event.
Print this page