WPAC report on European pellet market ready
May 20, 2012, Prince George, BC - The Wood Pellet Association of Canada has released a new report outlining opportunities and challenges in the European wood pellet market, including details on each EU country.
Prepared by WPAC research director Staffan Melin, the 72-page report
outlines the history and politics of Europe's response to climate
change, and how it continues to affect the market demand and price of
renewables such as bioenergy. It also discusses the evolving incentive
and tax tools that drive this market, and where they may be heading in
the future. Topics include:
- Environmental support schemes and targets
- E.U. emissions trading systems
- Tradable green certificates
- Tax and investment incentives
- Carbon taxes
- Electricity generating stations and co-firing opportunities
- Global pellet markets
- Future trends in Europe
- Pellet trading between Europe and Canada
- Major European markets, and pellet export and import trends for each.
The report is available to WPAC members and associate members only. To discuss membership opportunities, contact Gord Murray at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the all-new www.pellet.org for membership information or other news.