Biomass Networking Seminar at UofG
November 7, 2012, Guelph, ON – Dr. Fernando Preto of NRC’s CanmetENERGY lab will be presenting a Biomass Networking Seminar entitled “Opportunities and Obstacles in the Use of Agricultural Biomass in the Production of Heat and Power” on Nov. 23 in conjunction with the Agricultural Biomass Business Forum, being held at the University of Guelph on November 22.
For those attending the Forum, Dr. Preto’s seminar will elaborate on the areas he will touch on during the panel discussion on Domestic Biomass Energy Opportunities.
Dr. Preto works on developing new and improved technologies to make biomass a sustainable, efficient and clean source of energy. His research is focused on thermochemical or heat-associated chemical processes, namely: combustion, gasification, pyrolysis and torrefaction. These processes vary the time, temperature and pressure of biomass conversion to produce energy and/or gaseous, liquid or solid biofuels.
The seminar will take place from 9:30-11:05 am at the University of Guelph Laboratory Services 1st floor conference room, 95 Stone Road West.
Click here for more information on the Agricultural Biomass Business Forum.
People can also attend the seminar as a web conference.
Instructions for joining the web conference with WebEx:
• Within 15 minutes of the scheduled meeting time, go to omafra.webex.com
• Click the "Join" link next to the meeting name: Agricultural Biomass Heat and Power
• Login by entering your name, e-mail address, and the meeting password: omafra (all lowercase)
• Please dial the teleconference number: 1-866-633-0848 and enter the passcode: 9416185#
• PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE UNLESS YOU ARE ASKING QUESTIONS TO KEEP BACKGROUND NOISE TO A MIMINUM
• If you are having problems connecting to the WebEx web conference after it has begun, call Telus WebEx support at 1-877-944-6338
• (English: options 1, 1, 1 / French: option 2)
To ensure you'll be able to join the web conference, you must complete the following steps at least one day before the meeting:
• Go to www.webex.com/lp/jointest to test your browser.
• Review the system requirements for joining a WebEx session by following the link on the page.
• Return to the Join Meeting Test page and perform the test. If successful, you are ready for the webcast.
• If you are unable to join or having difficulty running the test, please contact WebEx Support at 866-229-3239 (option 1 then 2), or visit support.webex.com for helpful support information.