Speakers announced for pellet heating conference
February 4, 2013, Quebec City, QC – The Canadian Wood Pellet Heating Conference, to be held in Quebec City February 27 to March 1 has announced its lineup of speakers for the program at the event.
Organizers also announced that ResoMass and Ökofen have signed on as primary sponsors for the event. In addition, there are a select few sponsorships and exhibitor booths remaining.
The conference will treat a wide range of topics: the Canadian heating market, international development, environmental aspects, installation and innovation in heating systems, the regulatory framework, distribution network, and more. The conference will get underway with pellet heating site visits on Wednesday, February 27th to Quebec's Cité Verte 800-apartment pellet heating system. (Read more about this industry-leading project here.) Look for more details of these visits on this site. The conference offers simultaneous translation between French and English for all presentations.
Recent years have seen the emergence of wood pellet heating in various applications and industries. Highly common in Europe, the development of this renewable fuel in Canada is in its early stages and shows great potential.
The 2013 Canadian Wood Pellet Heating Conference is the first event strictly dedicated to wood pellet heating in Canada. Organized by the Wood Pellet Association of Canada and the Quebec Wood Export Bureau, this event will allow you to learn, share and discuss issues and opportunities regarding the wood pellets heating sector. The goal is to introduce the concept and the benefits of modern pellet-based heating systems to a wider audience, from consumers and small businesses to heating specialists and installers, agricultural professionals and more.
The following is a list of topics and speakers confirmed for the 2013 Canadian Wood Pellet Heating Conference:
• Trends and Developments in the Canadian Pellet Market
Robert Tarcon, President
Wood Pellet Association of Canada
• Trends and Developments in the global pellet market
Seth Walker, Associate Bioenergy Economist
• Trends and Developments in the boilers and pellet stoves market in Canada
Speaker to be announced
The Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association of Canada (HPBAC)
• The characteristics of residential wood pellet heating
Jean-François Fauteux, President, Maison DF
Association des professionnels du chauffage du Québec
• Renewable energy: the benefits related to substituting the fossil fuels
Speaker to be announced
• The vast potential in the field of commercial and institutional heating
Éric Rousseau, Executive Director
• Community Heat and large-Scale boilers
Simon Koeb, business unit manager for Biomass Commercial
• Wood pellet heating and Sustainability
Evelyne Thiffault, Research Scientist, Forest Biomass
Natural Resources Canada
• Stakeholder Engagement: How to Make Better Decisions, Create Better Outcomes, and Turn Opposition into Support
Cam McAlpine, President
• The perspective of a wood pellet producer
Ken St-Gelais, Executive Director
• The latest developments in New Brunswick and the importance of fuel quality
Michael Albright, Manager
Canadian Bioenergy Center / University of New-Brunswick
• The perspective of a pellet stove manufacturer
Marc-Antoine Cantin, President
• Maine Energy Systems: A success story for residential wood pellet fueled boilers and bulk pellet delivery systems
William Strauss, President
• The experience of a pellet stove distributor
Sean Hunt, Vice-President, Sales
Forge Distribution Inc
• Le Massif de Charlevoix: a solution for wood energy in mountain housing
Vital Chamard, President
• A case study of wood pellet heating in the commercial sector
Jérôme Simard, Executive Director
• La Cité Verte : The use of biomass in urban areas
Claude Routhier, President
• Wood pellet heating in the agricultural sector
Louis-Martin Dion, Bioenergy expert
Jean Gobeil et associés
• Wood pellet evaporator and maple syrup production
Vallier Chabot, President
CDL – Dallaire
Who should attend?
The conference and trade show is aimed at anyone looking for a way to put Canada's heating mix on a more sustainable footing. This includes:
• Professionals of the wood pellet industry: pellets producers, distributors, manufacturers or distributors of stoves or pellet boilers, retailers, heating supplies installers, etc.
• HPAC professionals looking to diversify their offerings.
• Agricultural professionals, especially those looking for alternatives to oil, coal or propane.
• Building professionals: architects, engineers, operators of heating systems, etc.
• Economic development officers
• Environmental organizations
• Professionals of the insurance business
• Remote communities
• Potential clients
Conference fees are $200 (taxes not included) for all the activities of the conference and the trade show. An online registration form for the participant is available here.
We also advise you to make your hotel reservation as soon as possible, either on line or by calling the Hilton Quebec City at 1 800 447-2411 or 418 646-6500 and mentioning Wood Pellet Conference to get access to the conference rate of $159/night +TX.
Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities
The trade show at the 2013 Canadian Wood Pellet Heating Conference in Quebec City will be the perfect place to promote your pellet industry related products and services. Don't miss the first Canadian conference dedicated to pellet heating! The event offers various opportunities to become a sponsor and enhance the visibility of your organization? Various packages are available. Download our Visibility Package or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 418 650-6385 #322 for more information.