September 6, 2019 By Export Development Canada
Export Development Canada (EDC) and the Trade Commissioner Service of Global Affairs Canada (GAC) are organizing a trade mission to Chile during the week of ExpoCorma with executives from Chile’s leading forestry companies, Arauco and CMPC. ExpoCorma is Chile’s largest and most innovative forest management, logging, sawmill, and pulp and paper industry event.
Who should participate?
This trade mission is geared towards companies that have expertise with the following technologies and solutions:
- Optimization of industrial processes (scanners, control systems, loaders, stackers, sorters, planers, trimmers, edgers)
- Lignin commercial solutions: as by-product of paper pulping processes (typically burned as fuel), and also presents odour challenges
- Noise and odour control (such as industrial machinery insulation)
Sludge effluent solutions
- Water treatment and water recovery to achieve a closed loop process (pulp and tissue mills)
- Biomass alternatives: as rejects have been sent to landfill, companies are looking for power transforming solutions
- Autonomous forest fire prevention and detection systems
- Automatization: finger joints, stickering, drying wood, cross laminated timber (CLT)
- Diesel consumption reduction
- Roads stabilization and dust control additives
- Digitalization and AI applications (risk control for accident prevention); some robotics solutions
- Forest management (tree cutting techniques, steep harvesting solutions)
- Forest harvesting and logging equipment
- Environmental assessment: ash control (derived from biomass combustion), dreg waste management (from black liquor)
Please contact Victoria Marcantonio (VMarcantonio@edc.ca) by Sept. 20 if you are interested in participating in the mission.
Print this page