Canada is taking action on climate change and wood pellets have a key role to play. This year’s Wood Pellet Association of Canada AGM and Conference taking place in the nation’s capital will focus on how wood pellets can contribute to Canada’s plan to phase out coal power and can be used to displace fossil fuels used to heat Canadian homes and businesses.
The annual Wood Pellet Association of Canada Conference and AGM is Canada’s largest gathering of the Canadian wood pellet industry. Each year, the event attracts hundreds of wood pellet, biomass and bioenergy professionals from across the country, as well the U.S., Europe and Asia, to discuss the issues that are having an impact on the industry here in Canada.
The conference will feature speakers and sessions focused on policy and legislation, global markets, biomass co-firing opportunities, plant safety, new innovations, and more. Hear from speakers including:
- Gilles Gauthier, Bioenergy Expert for the European Biomass Association and General Manager of European Pellet Council
- Carsten Huljus, SBP Chief Executive Officer
- Harry H. Dresser, Maine Energy Systems
- Rene Landry, Director of Wood Pellet Operations, Shaw Resources
- Rob Mager, Advisor – Strategic Initiatives, Ontario Power Generation
- Scott Bax, Senior Vice President of Operations for Pinnacle Renewable Energy
- William Strauss, President and founder FutureMetrics
- And many more
This year’s conference also includes an exclusive Pellet Party: Celebrating 150 years of sustainable energy in Canada, taking place at the historic Mill Street Brewery with live entertainment from Nova Scotia-born Anna Ludlow.
Learn more and register at www.pellet.org/wpac-agm