RICanada launches ad campaign to promote biofuels
December 11, 2017
By Renewable Industries Canada
Dec. 11, 2017 - Renewable Industries Canada (RICanada) has launched a public awareness campaign on the environmental and economic benefits of biofuels mandates. Dubbed ‘Facts Don’t Lie’, the campaign is designed to educate the public on the role of biofuels in reducing carbon emissions from transportation.
Given that renewable fuels such as ethanol and biodiesel are the fastest and easiest way to reduce greenhouse gases (GHGs) in the transportation sector, the campaign will explain why now is the time to increase mandates for renewable content in Canada’s fuels.
“RICanada and its members provide the public with renewable, clean-burning biofuels such as ethanol and biodiesel – fuels that help fight climate change and combat pollution and smog” said Jim Grey, Chair of the RICanada Board of Directors and CEO of IGPC Ethanol, Inc. “We are excited about the launch of this campaign and about contributing to the conversation on how Canada can re-establish itself as a global leader in renewable fuels and bio-based products.”
• Ethanol can reduce GHGs by 62 per cent compared to gasoline.
• Biodiesel can reduce GHGs by over 100 per cent compared to diesel.
• Canada’s biofuels mandates reduce annual GHG emissions to the same extent as taking one million cars off the road.
• Each year, Canada’s biofuels mandate removes as much C02 from the atmosphere as 21 million trees.
• Increasing the federal biofuels mandate could add 31,000 jobs and $5.6 billion to Canada’s economy.
• Canada was once a world leader in implementing renewable fuel requirements. Today, over 40 countries require higher levels of biofuel blends in transportation fuels than Canada.
The RICanada campaign, which calls for the federal government to increase mandates for renewable content in fuels, will feature print and digital ads (including Maclean’s, The Hill Times and National Newswatch) in Ottawa and key markets across Canada.
Founded in 1984, Renewable Industries Canada (RICanada) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of value-added products made from renewable resources through consumer awareness and government liaison activities.
Print this page